This is a guest post by Raziq
In the last few years groups such as Al-Muhajiroun have been calling for Britain to become a Caliphate (Islamist state). So what would Britain as a Caliphate look like?
Let’s look at the facts:
- Under a Caliphate system the internet, music, novels, media would be banned / suppressed.
- Anything involving freedom of thought, freedom of speech and freedom of faith would also be banned / suppressed.
- The Caliphate would ban whole areas of economic activity so jobs / careers would be restricted.
- Only a man can be the Caliph (Ruler)
- Once selected, the Caliph would rule as an autocrat and remain the ruler until his death.
- No opposition parties would be allowed. So the Caliph cannot be challenged / replaced.
- Muslim women would be forced to cover up and women of other faiths would be restricted in what they can wear.
- Non-Muslims would be forced to pay the Jizya tax and have inferior status compared to the Muslims.
- If history is anything to go by then violent orgies against people of other faiths would become common place.
- A medieval interpretation of Sharia law would be enforced. This will include stoning, chopping off hands and public floggings for various crimes.
- Homosexuals and lesbians would be killed.
- Violent Jihad against other nations would become obligatory
- Does this caliphate system sound appealing to anyone?
Give me secular democracy any day!