All of you who haven’t booked for the HP Big Day Out, please do so now.
This is a different, and follow up tour to the Battle of Cable Street event we held last year. David Rosenberg will be our guide.
Soon after you begin your Radical Jewish East End tour you encounter a number of important landmarks:
- Angel Alley where the Jewish anarchist tradition lives on
- Gardiners Corner where East Enders blocked the path to Mosley’s fascists.
and that’s just the start…
During the tour you will find the answer to many questions:
- Why did the Jews come to the East End?
- Who was Rudolf Rocker and what did he do?
- Why was there a riot in Princelet Street in 1904?
- Who lived in the Rothschild Buildings?
- What was the Workers Circle?
- Who was Hannah Billig and why did she refuse a once-in-a-lifetime invitation?
The date of the tour is Sunday 22 March 2009 – 12 noon.
Email us on HPBigDayOut@gmail.com.
The cost will be a mere £6.50.
We’re looking forward to seeing you.